Loss of a Spouse Financial Planning
Losing a spouse is stressful enough. The added stress of trying to navigate your personal financial life alone shouldn't add to it.
At Breakwater, we have experience helping individuals in crisis, bring order to their financial lives. With compassion and patients, we can help guide you through the maze of requirements and decisions that must be made following the death of a spouse.
Below is a sampling of some of the ways we assist our clients who have recently lost a spouse:
- Organization of critical documents (for example: birth certificates, marriage certificates, insurance policies, financial statements)
- Working with you and your attorney to help guide you through the estate settlement process
- Help in re-titling accounts
- Education about roles as personal representative and/or trustee of the estate, social security options, tax issues, employee benefits decisions, health care choices, insurance coverages
- Referring you to any specialists within our vast network that you may need such as - other attorneys, accountants, lenders, valuation specialists, insurance agents, etc.
- Review and analysis of current investment holdings in light of life change
And after your loved ones estate is settled, we'll be here to provide ongoing, lifelong, guidance to help you navigate your new financial life. And we don't stop there! Visit our Service Model to learn more about our ongoing review process.
Reach out to us anytime to discuss your unique situation and to see if we can help. Don't worry about sales pitches or pressure to work with us. That's not how we operate because we are building lifelong relationships based on trust.